What to Pack for a Trip to Paris
On Thursday my Mother and I are headed to Paris for the first time. I could not be more excited for our vacation and looking forward to it being super girly. A trip filled with champagne, cheese and chocolate- what could be better? I will dive into what we plan on doing next week, but wanted to share what to pack for a trip to Paris along with some of the new things I am bringing (as well as the old favs).
Pack a Cute but Practical Carry On Bag:
I am flying with WOW Airlines, which is a fairly new budget Icelandic Airline. I am pretty intrigued to see how the experience goes (I will be sure to update you all when I return!). One of the ways the airline is able to keep costs down is by allowing customers to purchase only the type of luggage allowances they need. I needed to check a bag but did not need a normal sized carry on. WOW allows each guest one personal item at no cost. This Dagne Dover Simone Satchel in Oxblood (c/o) has been attached at my hip the past few months as my work bag and doubles as the perfect carry on bag. It is small but seems to have a place for everything- zippers and pockets galore. Organizational Heaven! I seriously can fit everything I need in here. Here is the breakdown:
- iPad with protective case + keyboard (I love this one)
- Book (currently reading The Paris Wife)
- Pocket Paris Guide Book (light and easy to carry around with you all day)
- External Battery Charger
- Umbrella c/o (its supposed to rain a ton wahhh!)
- Cute case for all of electronic cables, adapters and chargers
- DSLR Camera (I always keep this on me in case my luggage gets lost)
- Lenses (I love this and this for travel)
- Passport (duh) + cute carrying case
- Zip up wallet c/o (I always take a zipper one when I travel!)
- Scarf (to double as a blanket)
- Sunglasses + case
- Regular glasses + case
- Keys (I love that this bag has a key clip)
- A good pen (or two)
- Phone (need data? don’t waste money using your current data plan unless you are only going for a few days. Europe is great about selling data sim cards at reasonable prices.
My Paris Uniform
The weather is looking pretty all over the place with temperatures anywhere between the low 40’s and low 60’s with a mix of rain and sunshine. This means layers layers layers! I am taking a few colorful scarves to keep warm, my favorite J. Crew trench coat & lightweight tops that transition easily from day to night. Keeping the colors for my blouses fairly neutral with a few reds and pinks.
To carry my camera, etc I am bringing my Vera Bradley Backpack c/o (which is on sale guys!) This baby got me through our long adventure around Italy last fall and is perfect for carrying everything you need (wallet, DSLR camera, lenses, Go Pro, external charger, water bottle) but still looking stylish.
Many people do not think strategically about packing under garments when getting out of town. Chantelle Paris makes a great ‘crush resistant’ bra (c/o) perfect for traveling. The bra cups just pop back into place, even after being smushed for hours in your luggage. For those cute little dress at nighttime I am bringing some light shape wear. These (c/o) from Chantelle Paris are amazing and so comfy.
My accessories when I travel are always minimal- scarves, pearl studs and my Daniel Wellington Watch which has been attached to my wrist all winter.
What are your must have travel items?