Christmas is a week away and if you are like me, you still have presents to buy! I made a centerpiece with red roses a few weeks ago for this post and just couldn’t bare throwing them away once they began to droop. I knew there had to be a way to re-use the pedals. The first thing that came to mind was a hand scrub! Cold winter weather means hands need a little more tlc. I used coconut oil, sea salt and some other goodies for the base of the scrub and added some rosemary and cranberries for a christmas scent!
This hand scrub is perfect for yourself or for a stocking stuffer for your mom, sister or bestie!
Check out the recipe to make your own below!
- 1 cup sea salt (or pink himalayan salt)
- The Pedals of at least 6 roses (I used 10)
- 2-3 Tbsp of coconut oil (warm up in microwave until it liquifies)
- 6 cranberries
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a food processor add the rosemary, rose pedals, oats and sea salt
- Pulse until well combined until mixture is the size of sea salt grains
- Add the honey, vanilla and 1 Tbsp of liquid coconut oil and pulse
- Add 2nd Tbsp of coconut oil and pulse
- If scrub seems too dry, slowly add more coconut oil
- Put in a jar with tight seal