Christmas is just a few days away and I am in complete holiday spirit mode. Last week I wanted a festive drink and had a bunch of winter fruits to use before they spoiled. I am talking pears, cranberries and all of the citruses- so I thought why not throw them all in a pitcher and make a tart sangria. This Christmas Sangria is filled with flavors of the season and is the perfect cocktail to serve when hosting your friends and family.
I am normally a dry white wine kind of gal but I went with a moscato to cut the bitterness and tartness from all the citrus. The result? A perfect balance between sour and sweet.
What plans do you have for the holiday? Going anywhere to visit family? Or are you hosting the clan? I hope you all are as much in the spirit of Christmas as I am.
Cheers and enjoy!
Looking for some another cheerful cocktail? Check out this Cran-Orange Bourbon Cocktail recipe from last year!
- 1 Pear, cubed
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 2 Limes, sliced
- 1/2 Ruby Red Grapefruit, cut into small wedges
- 1 Navel Orange, cut into small wedges
- 1 Cup Cranberries
- 4 Sprigs of Rosemary (+ more for garnish)
- Juice of 1/2 Grapefruit
- 1/2 Cup of Apple Cider
- 1 Bottle of White Wine
- 4 oz of Brandy
- Add all ingredients into a large pitcher
- Allow to sit for at least 2 hours (over night if possible)
- Stir before serving
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary
- ** Use a sweet white wine to balance out the bitterness of the citrus