FALL IS HERE! Apple cider Moscow mules are the perfect fall cocktail!
The leaves are really beginning to change here in Frederick, Maryland. My favorite season is in full effect and that means some fall inspired cocktails. Apple cider Moscow mules are the perfect fall cocktail in my book and super easy to make.
Remember when we went apple picking at Catoctin Mountain Orchard?(recap here) and grabbed some goodies for a picnic at nearby Cunningham Falls? (recap here) Well we had some delicious honey crisp apple cider left over and I put it to good use!
Check out the recipe below:
- 2 Moscow mule mugs full of crushed ice
- 1 can ginger beer ( I use Gosling Diet Birch Beer)
- 1 cups apple cider
- 6 oz (3 shots) of your favorite vodka
- Juice of 2 limes
- a few apples slices (slice with a mandoline) + 2 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In shaker, pour the vodka, ginger beer, apple cider and juice of the limes.
- Pour into the Moscow Mule Mugs over ice.
- Garnish with a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick.