I don’t care if Summer officially starts next week- it is Summer time to me! The first cocktail that comes to mind to me when thinking of Summer is a MARGARITA! Infused liquors have been popular for a while now so I decided it was time I take a crack at it. When thinking what I wanted to infuse, I wanted to do something with a kick. Hello Jalapenos! To counterbalance the heat of the jalapeno, I thought why not pair it with a pineapple puree? The results were a perfect balance of spicy and sweet. Check out the recipe below on how to make your very own Jalapeno Infused Pineapple Margarita!
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 jalapeno, sliced and seeds removed
- Your favorite tequila
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- Pour your favorite tequila in a jar, add sliced jalapenos (leave in seeds if you want it spicer)
- Set aside jar for about 5 minutes, strain out jalapenos and any seeds
- In blender, puree pineapple and water together until smooth
- Fill glass with ice
- Fill up shaker 1/3 full of the infused tequila and a little less than 2/3 full of the pineapple puree, add sugar
- Top off with lime juice
- Shake Shake Shake
- Pour, garnish and enjoy!
- ** Warning! If you leave the jalapeno seeds in and/or infused more than 5 minutes it will be extremely spicy.