Weekend Mornings are made for indulgent breakfasts. I wanted to try something out of the ordinary and knew this berry puff pancake recipe was up for the challenge. The batter is quick to throw together but it will feel like an eternity while it is baking in the oven. Your entire house will smell amazing, promise.
Check out the recipe below.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup halved raspberries
- powdered sugar and syrup for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a blender or hand mixer, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- 3. Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat on the stove. Add the butter and melt. Pour the batter into the skillet, then scatter the berries on top. Put the pan in the oven, and bake until puffed and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve, topped with powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, as desired.