The long Labor Day weekend has come and gone and man was it a blast. I attended the Randles’ annual Pig Roast and was debating on what to bring food wise to share. I found this recipe from Table for Two and gave them a try. The verdict? Delicious, simple and fast to make! I made a few tweaks to the recipe:
What you need:
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup pack dark brown sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of honey
2 tsp heavy cream
2 cups chopped pecans
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line your 9 X 13 pan with tin foil, make sure to drape some on all edges, about 2 inches worth
3. For the crust. With hand mixer whip butter & sugar. Slowly add sugar and salt and whip until crumbly.
4. Toss crumble mixture into pan. Spread around evenly on pan and press.
5. Bake the crust for 20 minutes (my oven took about 25 minutes to become golden brown)
6. While crust is baking, melt butter, sugar, honey and heavy cream in medium sauce pan
7. When it begins to boil reduce heat to a simmer and stir in pecans
8. Once crust reaches a golden brown, remove from oven and spread the topping evening across the top.
9. Bake again for 20 minutes
10. Allow to cool completely
11. Once cool lift with the aluminum foil edges and place on cutting board
12. Cut into bar sizes pieces