Here it is folks- probably one of the most rich and delicious dessert I have made to date. I made these red velvet oreo truffle brownies for our friend Matt’s annual labor day pig roast this past weekend and I think they turned out amazing. These bad boys will definitely be made again.
I found this recipe over at Pizzazzerie and I made a few adjustments as I went along.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Jell-O insant white chocolate pudding
6tablespoons Olive vegetableoil
- 1 sleeve of
- 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
1-1/2cups chocolate chips 1/2 package (1/2lb) chocolate bark (CandiQuick)
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, olive oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
- Spray a 9×13 with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the red velvet layer into the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Crush package of Oreos in a large plastic bag and rolling pin.
- Melt cream cheese for 45
15seconds in a microwave to soften.
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. I used a butter knife which worked perfectly to spread.
- Melt chocolate chips (pay close attention not to burn! make sure you keep on low heat the entire time) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool competely before cutting into squares.I put in freezer to cool faster and make sure the top layer was hard for cutting.