Homemade Pizza’s

For New Year’s Eve, Wade and I decided to stay home and make homemade pizzas!  We made pizza’s from scratch a few years ago and had some issues with the dough, but decided to give it another try.
We each made our own.  Wade decided on a ground pork, green peppers, red onions and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese.  I went for fresh tomato, basil, pesto and slices of mozzarella with hints of goat cheese.

 {Dough Ingredients}
I found an easy recipe by Bobby Flay {here}
  • 3 1/2 to 4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 envelope instant dry yeast
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons

Combine the flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
After rising, roll out with rolling pin, and transfer to the pizza pan.  The dough that fell over the edges of the pan were folded over and pinched into a crust.

{After an hr of rising}
 {Dough laid out on pizza pan}
Before putting the toppings on my pizza, Wade and I decided to open a bottle of champagne and have a little toast.
{Popping the Champagne}
 {Cheers to the end of a wonderful year!}
We then had the bright idea to take a shot every hour of Evan Williams Whiskey, and take pictures of each one before taking it in a different way/location.
{First Shot of the Night- 6:00}

Next, I spread some pizza sauce on the rolled out dough.  I then cut up fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil; and added some shredded mozzarella, pesto and creamy goat cheese.

We put in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 mins at first and then checked.  I can’t remember the exact amount of time spent in the oven but we set the timer in a few 4 min increments before taking out and letting cool.

Wade rolled out his dough ball and spread pizza sauce, two layers of shredded mozzarella, ground pork, green peppers and red onions. {yes two layers.. its not a lasagna Wade!}

 {My Pizza before the oven}
 {Wade rolling out his dough}
{Wade’s pizza before going in the oven}
 {7:00 Shot with Cha}
After 7PM ,both pizza’s were out of the oven and cooling.  The smell in our house smelt amazing!
 {Cha Cha wants a slice!}
 {Such a cutie}
After cooling for a while we tried each of our pizza’s. We agreed that Wade’s was good but was a little dry and needed more CHEESE. {figure that?} Mine was out of this world good.  I was in complete heaven. I will definitely be making that pizza with those toppings again.
After eating we spent the rest of the night chit chatting, taking our hourly celebratory shots and watching the NYE pre-shows. Check out some pics from the night below. πŸ™‚
 {8:00 Shot next to our love cactus- the only plant we can keep alive}
 {9:00 Shot next to the toasty fire}
 {10:00 Shot on the record player}
 {Popping the second bottle of bubbly}
 {11:00 Shot in my Pop Pop’s WWII helmet}
 {11:30 work shoes shot }
{Its About to be 2013!} 
{Midnight Shot- Wrapped up in lights}
 {Ringing in the New Year}
{1:00 Shot that never happened… Bed time!}
 I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve!
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply